You can smell holiness and your knives are always sharp. You hunt saint corpses to chop them up and sell the sacred relics to the highest bidder. When you can’t find any dead saints, you track down living ones and help them along until they’re holy enough to slaughter or steal ancient relics from temples and churches. Note: A saint’s corpse can produce a number of relics equal to the number of Spiritual Attainments they had in life.
- Permissions: An aspect reflecting your grizzly trade in sacred flesh.
- Costs: 1 Refresh, Stunts and Powers.
- Retribution: Genuine relics are priceless, but there are plenty of people who want a cut. Saint Butchers often form guilds and make alliances with criminal organizations to maximize their profit. This means they have powerful and dangerous business partners who don’t allow traitors and enemies to live.
- Class Abilities:
- Celestial Intuition: You can roll Notice to sense the degree of holiness a person, place, or object possesses.
- Nose for Godliness: You can use Investigate to track divine things long distance like a bloodhound. You track them by their beatific and heavenly scent.
- The Flesh Market: +2 to all Contact rolls when selling or transporting relics.
- Butchery: You gain a 1 Refresh discount on any two stunts or powers from the Assassination List (Minimum 1).
- Black Market Relic Dealer [-1]: You specialize in selling stolen relics. Your bonus to Contacts increases to +4 when dealing with the illegal relics market.
- Discount Relics [-1]: You have +2 on all Resources checks to buy relics because you always know who to talk to and since you’re in the same business you can usually negotiate a good deal.
- Fattening the Calf [-1]: +2 to Empathy when you are trying to earn a saint or potential saint’s trust.
- Supernatural Powers:
- Celestial Sight [-1]: Your ability to detect holiness with the Notice skill improves. You get +2 on the roll.
- Celestial Fragrance [-1]: You get +2 on your Investigate rolls to track sacred things.
- Out of Heaven’s Sight [-1]: You spend so much time stealing the rightful property of the faithful, you’ve learned a few techniques to escape their retribution. You have an innate +2 ward rating against all white magic.
- Infernal Sight [-1] (Requires Celestial Sight): As a byproduct of your training, you’ve begun to perceive evil as well as good. You can use Notice to detect the presence of demons, black magic, and infernal contamination.
- The Stench of Evil [-1] (Requires Celestial Fragrance & Infernal Sight): You can use Investigate to track evil things by their scent.
This work is based on Fate Core System and Fate Accelerated Edition (found at http://www.faterpg.com/), products of Evil Hat Productions, LLC, developed, authored, and edited by Leonard Balsera, Brian Engard, Jeremy Keller, Ryan Macklin, Mike Olson, Clark Valentine, Amanda Valentine, Fred Hicks, and Rob Donoghue, and licensed for our use under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).